[visionlist] 2x Postdoc positions on deep learning for 2D/2.5D/3D scene understanding- IIT GENOVA - ITALY
Pavis at iit.it
Thu Oct 22 08:05:14 -04 2020
The Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision (PAVIS) Research Line at Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT invites qualified candidates to submit their applications for a Postdoc position in Genoa, Italy under the supervision of Dr. Alessio Del Bue.
PAVIS Research Line is actively developing an Artificial Intelligence (AI) infrastructure to understand our physical space and the human behaviors within it. The focus of the group is on creating intelligent systems that jointly accomplish two main goals:
- Spatial AI: Perceive and understand autonomously the real physical world, both static and dynamic, with its corresponding spatial semantic (where are things, what is their function, which is the dynamic of the scene).
- Social AI: Perceive and understand humans and their behaviours as observed by cameras in relation to the physical spaces they are interacting with.
- Object 3D localization small to large scale
- 2D/3D Scene Graph modelling using Graph Neural Networks
- Integrating deep learning models with multi-view geometry
- Semantic Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (S-SLAM)
- Semantic structure from motion (S-SfM)
- Language and Vision including Visual Question and Answering
- Retrieval and Knowledge-based Computer Vision
- Zero/Few Shot Learning
- Competitive salary commensurate to qualifications and experience
- One of the roles is financed in the context of the H2020 European Project MEMEX (MEMories and EXperiences for inclusive digital storytelling – Grant Agreement 870743 -https://www.memexproject.eu)
- Relevant scientific track record on major computer vision conferences/journals (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, TPAMI, IJCV, etc.)
- Experience on DNN models and, in particular, related to GNN
- PhD degree in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related fields
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate
- Proficient in English language (written and oral)
- Experience in multi-view geometry
- Experience in High-Performance Computing
- Knowledge of AR/VR related software (e.g., ARKit, ARCore, Unity)
- Knowledge of web services
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in PAVIS (& the MEMEX Project) and its research interests
- Brief statement of research
- Names and contact details of 2 referees
Please submit your application using the online form for one or both of the positions:
- PostDoc 1
- PostDoc 2 (on the MEMEX Project):
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first deadline for evaluation of candidates will be November 5th, 2020.
The position on the MEMEX project will be approved pending signature of the grant agreement by the European Commission.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT - was founded with the objective of promoting Italy’s technological development and further education in science and technology. In this sense, IIT is committed to achieving its scientific program, which sees a major inspirational principle in the integration between basic scientific research and the development of technical applications. Research activities at IIT cover areas of high innovative content, representing the most advanced frontiers of modern technology with wide application possibilities in various fields from medicine to industry, from computer science to robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist