[visionlist] Assistant/Associate Professor in School of Psychology at University of Nottingham Malaysia

AHAMED MIFLAH HUSSAIN ISMAIL Miflah.Hussain at nottingham.edu.my
Thu Nov 5 03:39:21 -04 2020

Assistant/Associate Professor in School of Psychology at University of Nottingham Malaysia
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidate will be notified.

*Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you are advised to read and understand our Notice and Choice Principle Document which is posted at our website<https://www.nottingham.edu.my/Jobs/Current-Vacancies/Index.aspx>. By submitting your detailed resume, you declare that you have read, understood and accepted our Notice and Choice Principle Document and have consented to providing your sensitive personal data to be processed by us.

The School’s research interests cover an array of areas with an emphasis on Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience. We have laboratories equipped with high-quality research facilities, including eye tracking, EEG, and TMS. Further information about the School’s research profile is available on our website<https://www.nottingham.edu.my/Psychology/index.aspx>.

The School of Psychology at the Malaysia Campus of the University of Nottingham is looking to recruit members of staff at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. We seek for talented individuals with a proven record of research and teaching with expertise in any area of experimental psychology or cognitive neuroscience. We would, however, like to encourage individuals with an interest in developmental disorders, using EEG and/or TMS in their research, and/or cross-cultural research to apply for the positions.

To be successful in this position, the candidate should have:

  *   PhD in Psychology or a relevant discipline;
  *   Evidence of student-centered tertiary teaching in Psychology or a relevant discipline.

Duties will include:

  *   Research; Supervision;Administration; Teaching through lectures, practical classes and tutorial seminars; Project supervision as directed by the Head of School.

Role profile of the positions can be referred HERE<https://www.nottingham.edu.my/Jobs/documents/Job-Description-Psychology-2020.pdf>. Informal enquiries about this position may be addressed to the Head of School, Prof Steve Janssen<mailto:steve.janssen at nottingham.edu.my>.

Applications should consist of 2 documents only: (1) a current curriculum vitae and (2) a cover letter which specifies the job applied for. Reference letters are not required at this stage but may be asked at the interview stage.

These documents should be sent before 10th January 2021 to FOSE.Jobs at nottingham.edu.my

All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

<< This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK & Malaysia legislation. >>