[visionlist] OPAM 2020 Awards

Olivers, C.N.L. c.n.l.olivers at vu.nl
Wed Nov 25 14:43:44 -04 2020

As the Editorial Board of Visual Cognition we are extremely pleased to announce the prizes for the best OPAM 2020<http://www.opam.net/?page_id=26> presentations. Since the journal was established, Visual Cognition has aimed to support early career researchers, and to support OPAM in particular.

This year's winner of the best poster award is MICHELLE BLUMBERG (Queen's University, Kingston, CA), with "Tracking temporal dynamics of distractors in the context of continuous task performance".

And the winner of the best talk is ALICE TOWLER (UNSW, Sydney, AU), with "Multiple routes to face recognition expertise".

We congratulate Michelle and Alice with their great work, and the OPAM team with what turned out to be another tremendously enjoyable and high standard conference.

The Editorial Board: Jim Tanaka,  Chris Olivers, Jelena Ristic, Kris Ehinger, Ben Balas, Jonathan Flombaum, and Shaun Vecera