[visionlist] Mike Land

Qasim Zaidi qz at sunyopt.edu
Tue Dec 15 14:51:47 -04 2020

Land was a Marco Polo of vision.  Despite having worked almost entirely on
vision in humans (and monkeys and cats as surogates), the book I suggest to
prospective students is Animal Eyes by Land and Nilsson.  It enchants
organism centric students by its diversity, and mechanism centric students
by showing how almost every way we have discovered to bend, reflect, shape,
and image light is present in some eye.  Hopefully someday it will be
supplemented by just as readable a book on the diversity of visual brains.
Qasim

Qasim Zaidi PhD
SUNY Distinguished Professor

Graduate Center for Vision Research,
State University of New York College of Optometry,
33 West 42nd St, New York, NY  10036.
Office: 212-938-5542; Lab: 212-938-5756; Fax: 212-938-5537
E-mail: qz at sunyopt.edu
https://www.sunyopt.edu/labs/Zaidi/