[visionlist] Cognitive Research: Principles & Implications (CRPI): SPECIAL ISSUE on Systemic Racism: Cognitive Consequences and Interventions - DEADLINE EXTENDED

Wolfe, Jeremy M.,Ph.D. jwolfe at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 21 11:31:17 -04 2020

Call for Papers
Systemic Racism: Cognitive Consequences and Interventions
A Cognitive Research: Principles & Implications Special Issue

Extended Submission Deadline: February 28, 2021
Guest Editors:
Jennifer Gutsell, Brandeis University, USA, jgutsell at brandeis.edu<mailto:jgutsell at brandeis.edu>
Elizabeth Page-Gould, University of Toronto, Canada, liz at psych.utoronto.ca<mailto:liz at psych.utoronto.ca>

CRPI Editor in Chief: Jeremy M. Wolfe, Brigham & Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School, USA, jwolfe at bwh.harvard.edu<mailto:jwolfe at bwh.harvard.edu>

Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications (CRPI) publishes “use-inspired basic research”: fundamental and theoretically relevant research that grows from hypotheses about real-world problems. Systemic Racism is an urgent, real-world problem with implications for every area of cognitive research. The purpose of this special issue is to add to the scientific understanding of the cognitive roots of and fallout from minority status, discrimination, police violence, vigilantism, implicit bias, and more.

We are interested in new research on topics including, but not limited to: Face perception, Event perception, Algorithmic bias, Bilingualism and dialects, Decision making under scarcity, Effects of stress on cognition, Teaching about race, Techniques of persuasion, Measurement and other methodological issues (e.g. group differences), Issues within academia.

In addition, we welcome pre-submission inquiries about review and/or opinion pieces on these and related topics.

For any submission, we expect that authors will be able to explain in a Significance section how their work serves to advance our understanding of the cognitive aspects of the systematic racism. Please send inquires to any member of the editorial team.

Submission Deadline
The extended submission deadline is February 28, 2021.
You can find manuscript submission details online. To submit a manuscript, go to https://www.editorialmanager.com/crpi/default.aspx.

Jeremy M Wolfe, PhD
Professor of Ophthalmology & Radiology,
Harvard Medical School

Visual Attention Lab
Department of Surgery
Brigham & Women's Hospital

65 Landsdowne St
4th Floor
Cambridge, MA  02139

Phone:  617-768-8818
Fax:  617-768-8816

Best email: jwolfe at bwh.harvard.edu<mailto:jwolfe at bwh.harvard.edu>
Backup: jeremywolfe0131 at gmail.com<mailto:jeremywolfe0131 at gmail.com>

Editor: c
CRPI is the open access, peer-reviewed journal of the Psychonomics Society
Do you do "use-inspired, basic research" in Cognition? That is what we publish.
http://www.cognitiveresearchjournal.springeropen.com/

Jeremy M Wolfe, PhD
Professor of Ophthalmology & Radiology,
Harvard Medical School

Visual Attention Lab
Department of Surgery
Brigham & Women's Hospital

65 Landsdowne St
4th Floor
Cambridge, MA  02139

Phone:  617-768-8818
Fax:  617-768-8816

Best email: jwolfe at bwh.harvard.edu<mailto:jwolfe at bwh.harvard.edu>
Backup: jeremywolfe0131 at gmail.com<mailto:jeremywolfe0131 at gmail.com>

Editor: Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications (CRPI)
CRPI is the open access, peer-reviewed journal of the Psychonomics Society
Do you do "use-inspired, basic research" in Cognition? That is what we publish.
http://www.cognitiveresearchjournal.springeropen.com/

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at http://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.