[visionlist] CFP - MDPI Journal of Applied Sciences, special issue on "Advanced Image Analysis and Processing for Biomedical Applications"
fabio.bellavia at unifi.it
Wed Feb 10 07:50:20 -04 2021
I have received the following CFP with the kindly request to circulate
among possible interested parties.
Thanks for your cooperation,
*** Apologies for multiple posting. Please, distribute this call to
interested colleagues. ***
A special issue of Applied Sciences (Scopus CiteScore: 2.4; Impact
Factor 2,217; ISSN 2076-3417). This special issue belongs to the section
"Computing and Artificial Intelligence".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2021.
Medical images contain plenty of information about the anatomical
structures that are important for a valid diagnosis, and then can be
helpful to doctors for determining the most adequate treatment. The
analysis and processing of biomedical images is an interdisciplinary and
dynamic area of specialization, covering biology, physics, medicine,
engineering, and computer science. The main objective is the application
of image processing and analysis techniques to biological or medical
problems. For instance, in biomedicine, it is possible to use
computational methods of image processing and analysis to model and
visualize human organs from medical images. These methods can have
different objectives, such as enhanced visualization, 3D reconstruction,
segmentation, motion and deformation analysis, and registration.
This Special Issue on Advanced Image Analysis and Processing for
Biomedical Applications aims to provide an assorted and complementary
collection of contributions showing new advancements and applications of
advanced imaging analysis and processing in the biomedical imaging area.
The ultimate objective is to promote research and advancement in the
field, by publishing high-quality research articles and reviews in this
rapidly growing interdisciplinary field.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Image enhancement, segmentation, registration, and fusion for
- Image acquisition and processing for biomedical applications;
- Reconstruction, motion, and deformation analysis for biomedical
- Computer-aided diagnosis, surgery, therapy, treatment, and
- Application of machine learning and artificial intelligence in medicine;
- Telemedicine systems for elderly care;
- Mobile applications and low-cost systems;
- Sparse representation and dictionary learning-based methods for
medical image processing and understanding;
- Deep learning for biomedical image analysis;
- Natural language processing for biomedical image analysis;
- Bio-inspired contour detection;
- Biomedical ultrasonics;
- Fluorescence image analysis;
- Cardiovascular image analysis;
- Super-resolution microscopy;
- Retinal image analysis;
- Virtual surgery.
Francesco Isgrò, Andrea Apicella, Domenico Tegolo, Cesare Valenti,
More information about the visionlist