[visionlist] Call for Applications for the PhD in Vision Science Program at SUNY Optometry

Debra Berger dberger at sunyopt.edu
Tue Mar 2 10:27:14 -04 2021

The Graduate Center for Vision Research at SUNY College of Optometry, located in mid-town Manhattan, is now accepting applications for the doctoral program in Vision Science for Fall 2021. Our full-time Ph.D. students receive tuition waivers and a stipend of $35,676 per year.

Vision science is a highly multidisciplinary field that encompasses basic, translational, and clinical research in areas of biology, chemistry, physics, applied mathematics, engineering, and molecular, cellular, cognitive, and behavioral neuroscience. The Graduate Program in Vision Science embraces this inherent diversity as the foundation for a robust program offering training that intersects these varied disciplines.

The Graduate Program in Vision Science provides comprehensive research training that positions our students to achieve career success and make significant contributions to the field. It combines a rigorous, intellectual program of study and research with an interactive, collegial sense of community.

In addition to the online application, applicants must submit original transcripts, their GRE test scores and three letters of recommendation.

Please use the link below for information about our doctoral program in Vision Science, including the current brochure, program and admission requirements, and our research faculty:

https://www.sunyopt.edu/education/admissions/graduate_programs

If you require additional information about the doctoral program in Vision Science at SUNY College of Optometry, please email dberger at sunyopt.edu<mailto:dberger at sunyopt.edu>.