[visionlist] Postdoc position in Computational Cognitive Neuroscience @CCNi UoGlasgow

Marios Philiastides marios.philiastides at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:59:52 -04 2021

Dear all (apologies for cross-posting),

A postdoctoral position is available in my group at the Institute of
Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of Glasgow, focusing on
computational cognitive neuroscience of human decision making and learning
(funded by an ERC Consolidator Award).

The work aims to develop a unified framework for integrating perceptual and
reward learning and understand the extent to which they share a common
computational and neurobiological basis. The job has a strong theoretical
neuroscience component and requires the development of computational models
to uncover and predict patterns in large multimodal datasets [e.g.
behaviour, simultaneous EEG-fMRI and eye-tracking data]. Moreover, the work
will focus on the development of a computational framework, in which neural
data are used to constrain parameter estimation [i.e. neurally-informed
cognitive modelling] to enable mechanistic insights that might otherwise be
missed with a conventional modelling approach [i.e. based on behaviour
alone].

Applicants must have a PhD in a relevant area with an excellent record of
research achievements and expertise at the intersection of two or more of
the lab’s main research priorities and methodological approaches. The lab
is committed to diversity and we welcome applications from qualified
candidates of all backgrounds, including minority and under-represented
groups.

The group is embedded within the Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi)
at the University of Glasgow and affiliated with the Imaging Centre of
Excellence (ICE) at Queens Elisabeth University Hospital, which houses the
only ultra-high field 7T MRI scanner in Scotland.

The postdoctoral fellow will be part of a vibrant community of
post-graduate students, other post-docs and faculty members, in a highly
supportive and diverse research environment with excellent resources and
career development opportunities.

Deadline May 11th. Start date flexible. To apply for this post visit:

<https://my.corehr.com/pls/uogrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=054106>

https://my.corehr.com/pls/uogrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=
054106

Feel free to contact me directly for any informal enquiries. I’d be happy
to discuss some of the anticipated developments in more detail over zoom.

--

Marios G. Philiastides, Ph.D.
Professor of Decision Neuroscience
Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
University of Glasgow
Glasgow, G12 8QB

Web: http://mphiliastides.org