[visionlist] Postdoc positions @COBBS Group in Rome

Leonardo Parisi leonardo.parisi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:11:41 -04 2021

Postdoc positions: "Three-dimensional experiments on the collective
behaviour of biological systems", at the Institute for Complex Systems in
Rome, Italy.

We are looking for postdoctoral fellows interested in performing
experimental research at the interface between physics and biology. The aim
of our group is to study the collective phenomena of life through a close
interplay between experimental data on biological groups in their natural
environment and statistical physics methods. The candidates will conduct
experimental data-taking campaigns in the field, on bird flocks and insect
swarms. A strong emphasis will be put on the comparison between theory and
experiments. The postdocs will join the COBBS Group in Rome (Collective
Behaviour in Biological Systems), at the Institute for Complex Systems of
the CNR, and work under the supervision of Andrea Cavagna and Stefania
Melillo. The duration of the positions is two years, potentially
extendable. The positions will be funded by the ERC Advanced Grant RG.BIO
to Andrea Cavagna. More information about our group and about the RG.BIO
project can be found at www.cobbs.it and erc-rgbio.eu. Applications should
be sent to Stefania Melillo at stefania.melillo at cnr.it; they should contain
a cv and the contact details of senior scientists who can provide
recommendation letters (only upon our request). Although there is no sharp
deadline for these positions, earlier applications will be given higher
priority.