[visionlist] Outdoor Semantic Segmentation Challenge @ DAGM GCPR 2021: Call for Participation

Peter Mortimer peter.mortimer at unibw.de
Thu Apr 29 11:31:04 -04 2021

**

*Outdoor Semantic Segmentation Challenge @ DAGM GCPR 2021: Call for
Participation====================================================================*

*

Machine Learning Competition on an Outdoor Driving Dataset (TAS500v1.1
<https://www.mucar3.de/icpr2020-tas500/>) with a submission deadline on
August 15, 2021. The best results are presented as part of the SUUE
workshop <https://unstructured-scene-understanding.com/>@ DAGM GCPR 2021
<https://dagm-gcpr.de/>on September 28, 2021 in Bonn, Germany.

Important
Dates====================================================================*
August 15, 2021- Challenge Deadline* September 28, 2021- Workshop
Presentation DateOverview

The vast majority of research in scene understanding is applied in urban
and structured environments. Unfortunately, these methods often fail
when used in unstructured environments with challenging lighting
conditions and many natural structures in the scene.We therefore invite
you to participate in the Outdoor Semantic Segmentation Challenge
<https://unstructured-scene-understanding.com/challenge.html>and give
you the opportunity to benchmark your semantic segmentation algorithms
on a novel dataset of finely-grained image annotations of real world
outdoor driving scenes.

The challenge uses the TAS500 dataset
<https://www.mucar3.de/icpr2020-tas500/>, which consists of over 500
annotated images of different outdoor environments. The dataset applies
a fine-grained vegetation and road surface annotation policy. The
segmented scenes are of interest for applications in forestry robotics
or autonomous driving in unstructured environments.The challenge is part
of the 1st Workshop on Scene Understanding in Unstructured Evironments
<https://unstructured-scene-understanding.com/index.html>(SUUE 2021) and
is organized in conjunction with the DAGM GCPR 2021
<https://dagm-gcpr.de/>. The results on the test set will be published
on the public leaderboard on Codalab
<https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/31086>. The participants
with the best submissions will be invited to present their results at
the SUUE workshop on September 28, 2021.

The workshop presentation can also be pre-recorded or done remotely. We
therefore invite the international research community to participate in
the competition.

Competition Organizers

Peter Mortimer <mailto:peter.mortimer at unibw.de>(Bundeswehr University
Munich)

For any additional information feel free to contact us at
suueworkshop at googlegroups.com <mailto:suueworkshop at googlegroups.com>

We are looking forward to your competition submissions and your
attendance at the SUUE 2021 this September!*