[visionlist] Computer Vision Research Engineer at IIT, Genoa, Italy - (21000042)
Pavis at iit.it
Thu May 13 10:46:24 -04 2021
The Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision (PAVIS) Research Line at Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT invites qualified applicants to submit their CV’s for a Computer Vision Engineer position in Genoa (Italy) under the supervision of Dr. Alessio Del Bue.
PAVIS Research Line is actively developing an artificial intelligence (AI) infrastructure to understand our physical space and the human behaviors within it.
The focus of the group is on creating intelligent systems that jointly accomplish two main goals:
- Spatial AI: Perceive and understand autonomously the real physical world, both static and dynamic, with its corresponding spatial semantic (where are things, what is their function, which is the dynamic of the scene).
- Social AI: Perceive and understand humans and their behaviors as observed by cameras in relation to the physical spaces they are interacting with.
This open position is financed in the context of a commercial collaboration focused on 3D perception of spaces, object segmentation and object classification.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work on real and simulated scenarios using color and depth technologies alongside with state of the art algorithms and computational models,
with the goal of designing and prototyping working solutions for the problems under investigation.
The skills requested for the position are the following:
- Bachelor/Master degree on Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related Engineering fields;
- 2 years relevant experience on implementing and deploying Computer Vision and Deep Learning algorithms;
- Experience on Deep Learning models training and ML dataset management;
- Strong proficiency in programming languages, in particular Python and C++ and hands on experience with libraries such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, and PyTorch;
- Good knowledge of English language.
The following skills are considered a plus for this position:
- Experience in working with hardware systems including sensors such as RGBD cameras, depth sensors, LIDAR, etc;
- Experience in working with object detection and segmentation algorithms;
- Experience with fast prototyping of code and hardware;
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application using the online form https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=it&job=21000042
Include: a detailed curriculum vitae with publication list, a brief description of research interests and main accomplishments and names and contacts of 2 referees.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first deadline for evaluation of candidates will be May 31st, 2021.
The position is pending signature of the commercial contract.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness.
The institute offers state-of-the-art equipment and a top-level interdisciplinary research environment focused on robotics and computer vision, neuroscience, drug discovery, nanoscience and technology.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia – IIT (www.iit.it) was founded with the objective of promoting Italy’s technological development and further education in science and technology.
In this sense, IIT's scientific program is based on the combination of basic scientific research with the development of technical applications, a major inspirational principle.
The research areas cover scientific topics of high innovative content representing the most advanced frontiers of modern technology, with wide application possibilities in various fields ranging from medicine to industry, from computer science to robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
We inform you that the data you provide will be processed for the sole purpose of evaluating professional profiles and selecting them according to the needs of the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by the Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genova, Via Morego, 30, as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
We also inform you that, pursuant to article 15 and following articles of EU Regulation 2016/679 ("General Data Protection Regulation"), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (telephone 010 28961 - email: dpo[at]iit.it).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist