[visionlist] PhD Student Position in Psychology at the University of Bonn
ulrich.ettinger at uni-bonn.de
Tue May 18 13:04:00 -04 2021
*PhD Student Position in Psychology at the University of Bonn*
A PhD student position is available in the Department of Psychology at
the University of Bonn (PI: Ulrich Ettinger). The start date of the
position is 1st October 2021 and the duration is 36 months initially.
We are seeking strong candidates with research interests at the
intersection of eye movements, cognition and brain function. Methods of
the lab include video-based oculography, pharmacological challenge
designs, and fMRI. Representative publications include the following:
* Bey K, Lippold JV, Aslan B, Hurlemann R, Ettinger U (2021). Effects
of Lorazepam on Prosaccades and Saccadic Adaptation. Journal of
Psychopharmacology, 35(1), 91-99.
* Coors A, Merten N, Ward DD, Schmid M, Breteler MMB, Ettinger U
(2021). Strong Age but Weak Sex Effects in Eye Movement Performance
in the General Adult Population: Evidence from the Rhineland Study.
Vision Research, 178, 124-133.
* Faiola E, Meyhöfer I, Ettinger U (2020). Mechanisms of smooth
pursuit eye movements in schizotypy. Cortex, 125, 190-202.
* Schröder R, Kasparbauer AM, Meyhöfer I, Steffens M, Trautner P,
Ettinger U (2020). Functional Connectivity During Smooth Pursuit Eye
Movements. Journal of Neurophysiology, 124(6), 1839-1856.
* Steffens M, Neumann C, Kasparbauer AM, Becker B, Weber B, Mehta MA,
Hurlemann R, Ettinger U (2018). Effects of Ketamine on Brain
Function during Response Inhibition. Psychopharmacology, 235(12),
Task and responsibilities:
* Design and execution of experiments, data analysis (incl.
* Preparation of publications
* Presentations at international conferences
* Contribution to teaching on BSc and MSc psychology courses (in
German or English)
* Co-supervision of BSc/MSc psychology research projects
* MSc degree in psychology, neuroscience or a related subject
* Strong background in quantitative research methods and statistics
* Keen interest in acquiring new methods
* Strong ability to work in a team
* The position is funded at TVL E13 (75%).
* The student will be awarded a Dr. phil. degree from the Faculty of
Arts at the University of Bonn.
* Participation in the Bonn International Graduate School (BIGS)
Neuroscience will be supported.
* The lab collaborates closes with other groups in Psychology, in the
Medical Faculty, and in the German Centre for Neurodegenerative
* The University of Bonn provides an intellectually stimulating
environment with excellent support of doctoral students. The
University belongs to the top universities in Germany, having been
awarded the status of University of Excellence in 2019.
* Bonn is a very pleasant and international city, boasting beautiful
outdoors and providing easy access to numerous major European cities.
Further information on the lab may be obtained here:
To apply, please submit a single PDF containing a letter of motivation,
CV, degree certificates, transcripts, and recommendation letters and/or
names of referees to Prof Ulrich Ettinger (ulrich.ettinger at uni-bonn.de)
by 4th June 2021.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist