[visionlist] Call for Papers (Frontiers journals): 5th of July!
s.pezzelle at uva.nl
Wed May 26 03:48:29 -04 2021
The submission deadline for the research topic titled in “Identifying, Analyzing, and Overcoming Challenges in Vision and Language Research” is approaching:
**5th of July 2021**
Find more information here: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/18532<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.frontiersin.org%2Fresearch-topics%2F18532&data=04%7C01%7Cs.pezzelle%40uva.nl%7Ca774663ac88343755c4408d9201121db%7Ca0f1cacd618c4403b94576fb3d6874e5%7C1%7C1%7C637576080240684645%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=bQDLjgM6IdWyG6oWWfJ4kVs8erMgLz3bogRMj3bAWRo%3D&reserved=0>
Submission to this research topic can be made through a number of participating Journals including Frontiers in Big Data, Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence, or Frontiers in Robotics and AI. We invite manuscripts on topics as such:
* Novel algorithms and techniques that help improve the state-of-the-art in existing V&L tasks;
* Novel V&L algorithms that are less prone to dataset bias and spurious correlations, enforce demographic fairness, and/or are more interpretable and explainable;
* Novel datasets, sub-tasks, and challenges that help test for new capabilities and/or highlight shortcomings with existing datasets and algorithms in V&L;
* Controlled test sets aimed to evaluate specific abilities involved in the language grounded visual understanding;
* Probing tasks aiming to evaluate the quality of the multimodal V&L representations;
* Novel evaluation metrics that help accurate and fair evaluation of V&L algorithms with respect to dataset bias, label imbalance, lack of compositionality, and other related issues with V&L tasks;
* Previously unknown analysis, key-observations, discussion, and insights about bias and related issues in existing V&L datasets and algorithms;
* Negative or critical results regarding practices currently used in mainstream V&L research;
* Successes or challenges of integrating vision and language in a novel application domain.
We also welcome well-formulated survey articles, opinion pieces, position papers, or commentaries regarding the current state and future prospects of V&L research as long as it fits within the theme of the Research Topic.
Frontiers’ Research Topics are collections of peer-reviewed articles around an emerging or cutting-edge theme. As a contributing author, you will benefit from:
• high visibility and the chance to be included in a downloadable ebook
• rigorous, transparent and fast peer-review for your article
• publication throughout the year, as soon as your article is accepted
• advanced impact metrics
Raffaella Bernardi (University of Trento, Italy)
Julia Hockenmaier (University of Illinois at Urbana, USA)
Jin-Hwa Kim (SK Telecom, South Korea)
Kushal Kafle (Adobe Research, USA),
Moin Nabi (SAP SE, Germany)
Sandro Pezzelle (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
ILLC - Institute for Logic, Language & Computation
University of Amsterdam
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist