[visionlist] Fully funded PhD position in machine learning, visual data and health self-management
francisco.florez at ua.es
Mon May 31 05:50:21 -04 2021
Fully funded PhD position - ESR 9: Personalisation of self-management education/training for individuals with multiple chronic health conditions (multimorbidity) using visual based data - visuAAL Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network on Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Video-Based Technologies and Services for Active and Assisted Living
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Deadline: Applications will be evaluated as they are received. We would like to fill the position as soon as possible.
Call for applications: https://www.visuaal-itn.eu/sites/default/files/2021-05/Recruitment%20Text%20ESR9%20Update%20May%202021.pdf
visuAAL is a four-year (2020-2024) Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Network, funded by the European Commission, that aims at bridging the knowledge gap between users’ requirements and the appropriate and secure use of video-based AAL technologies to deliver effective and supportive care to older adults managing their health and wellbeing.
visuAAL will seek to increase awareness and understanding of the context-specific ethical, legal, privacy and societal issues necessary to implement visual system across hospital, home and community settings, in a manner that protects and reassures users; outputs will stimulate the development of a new research perspective for constructively addressing privacy-aware video-based working solutions for assisted living.
visuAAL will provide a transdisciplinary and cross-sectoral combination of training, non-academic placements, courses and workshops on scientific and complementary skills to 15 high achieving Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). These newly hired ESRs will contribute through their individual research projects to fulfil visuAAL's aims.
The aim of this PhD is to explore machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) approaches to the use of visual based data to aid personalisation of education and training for individuals living with multimorbidity. Research will involve defining user and behaviour change models to facilitate appropriate AI approaches to tailor educational and training interventions, based on an individual’s self- management needs as captured from camera based systems in the home. The PhD will also focus on understanding data protection, ethical and privacy concerns in relation to the use of AI approaches for using visual data to inform an individual’s education and training in relation to their self-management.
Outcomes from this PhD will seek to recommend AI approaches to facilitate education, training and as such positive behavioural changes to the use of camera based technology in the home. The output from this PhD is anticipated to produce AI based personalised education and training approaches which will seek to demonstrate the how visual based AAL interventions may be used to promote positive behaviour change in relation to multimorbid disease management. The PhD will explore how visual based data can inform ‘user friendly’ alternate representations linked to health and well-being indictors and as such better direct individuals managing multimorbidity to tailored training and educational content to support their self-management needs and goals.
visuAAL includes a training programme for all the researchers involved. More information at https://www.visuaal-itn.eu/training.
* Secondment 1: IBM Research Ireland (Supervisor: Dr A. Pascale), 3 months
* Secondment 2: University of Alicante (Supervisor: Dr F. Florez), 3 months
* Applicants must hold a relevant Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or related discipline
* Applicants should not have been awarded a PhD degree
* At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full time equivalent) years of experience within a research career (measured from the date when the applicant obtained the first degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged)
* Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date
* A fluent command of the English language
* Be highly motivated;
* Creativity and high level of independency;
* It is the policy of the visuAAL project to promote equal opportunities between men and women and stimulate gender balance.
* Additional requirements: None
The full-time gross yearly salary amounts to € 36,049 (plus bonus according to family charges).
More information at the <https://www.visuaal-itn.eu/> visuAAL website.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist