[visionlist] 20th Annual OSA Fall Vision Meeting

Ione Fine ionefine at uw.edu
Mon Jun 28 21:58:54 -04 2021

Mark your calendar!

We are cautiously optimistic that The 20th Annual Optical Society Vision Meeting may take place in-person  at the University of Washington, Seattle, 30th Sept to the 3rd of October, 2021.

Links to registration, abstract submission and other details about the meeting will be available on July 1st at https://www.osafallvisionmeeting.org.

The FINAL abstract deadline for contributed talks and posters is July 22nd on the latest time zone on earth.

This year's Fall Vision Meeting will include the prestigious 2020 and 2021 Tillyer Award lectures, the 2021 Boynton lecture, five invited sessions, as well as contributed talk and poster sessions.

We are also planning Software Carpentry student & postdoctoral researcher workshops on tools for reproducible science, including git.

2020 Tillyer Award lecture

Professor Bill Geisler III, University of Texas at Austin

For pioneering theories of optimal visual processing that bring together scene statistics, physiological constraints, and task requirements to gain a new understanding of perceptual functions and eye movements.

2021 Tillyer Award lecture

Professor David Brainard, University of Pennsylvania

For groundbreaking experimental and theoretical contributions to our understanding of how the visual system resolves the ambiguities inherent in sensory signals to produce a stable percept of object color.

Boynton Lecture

Professor Christine Cucio, The University of Alabama at Birmingham

For seminal contributions to our understanding of human retinal neuroscience, including the effects of aging and age-related macular degeneration.

Invited talk sessions

*       GABAergic function and dysfunction in visual perception

*       Reawakening plasticity in visual cortex

*       Are we going forward or backwards? Computational models of vision

*       AI applications in Ophthalmology & Vision science

*       Retinal mechanisms mediating spatial and color vision

We look forward to welcoming you, hopefully in person, to Seattle!

Sincerely,

Local Organizer Representatives, Ione Fine, Kim Meier, Ramkumar Sabesan, Mike Manookin, University of Washington, Seattle, WA

Stacey Choi, Chair of OSA FVM Planning Committee

Ravi Jonnal, Co-chair of OSA FVM Planning Committee