[visionlist] PhD/Postdoc Positions at the Interface of Neuroscience and Machine Learning

Jian Liu jiankliu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 09:40:40 -04 2021

*PhD/Postdoc Positions at the Interface of Neuroscience and Machine
Learning*

The lab of Dr Jian Liu invites applications for several PhD/Postdoc
positions at the interface of computational neuroscience and machine
learning, at the School of Computing, Faculty of Engineering and Physical
Sciences, University of Leeds.

Research projects will involve theoretical analysis, computational
modeling, and data analysis, with worldwide collaborations of neuroscience
experimentalists, clinicians, and robotic engineers. We are working on a
wide range of topics, from fundamental neuroscience questions to robotic
applications. For representative examples and publications, please visit:
http://jiankliu.github.io

Candidates with a quantitative background are welcome. We are looking for
highly motivated candidates with a spirit of intellectual adventure. The
positions will come with competitive work conditions. Generous traveling
budgets are available.

Please send the following information in one single PDF, to
j.liu9 at leeds.ac.uk:

   - Detailed CV with publications;
   - Letter on motivation and interests;
   - Other relevant materials of interest;

The School of Computing conducts ranging from fundamental advances in
algorithms and our understanding of computation, through to highly applied
research into new display technologies for clinical diagnosis,
energy-efficient data centres, and profound insight into data through
visualisation. We are parents with the Alan Turing Institute, the UK’s
premier research centre for data science and artificial intelligence.

The University of Leeds is committed to providing equal opportunities for
all and offers a range of family friendly policies. The University is a
charter member of Athena SWAN and holds the Bronze award. The School of
Medicine holds the Gold award. We are committed to being an inclusive
medical school that values all staff, and we are happy to consider job
share applications and requests for flexible working arrangements from our
employees.

We will make the working patten inclusive and flexible. If female
candidates are selected, the maternity leave will be fully guaranteed and
the children care responsibilities will be satisfied (e.g. working in part
time). We will also actively promote gender equality in education and
employment opportunities through workshops, seminars, webinars, and
university open days.