[visionlist] IN PERSON! The 20th Annual Optical Society Vision Meeting. University of Washington, Seattle, 30th Sept- 3rd of October, 2021

Ione Fine ionefine at uw.edu
Thu Jul 8 21:04:54 -04 2021

Mark your calendar!

The 20th Annual Optical Society Vision Meeting will take place in-person at the University of Washington, Seattle, 30th Sept to the 3rd of October, 2021.

Links to registration, abstract submission and other details about the meeting are available at https://www.osafallvisionmeeting.org. We recommend booking hotels early (see website).

This year's Fall Vision Meeting will include the prestigious 2020 and 2021 Tillyer Award lectures, the 2021 Boynton lecture, five invited sessions, as well as contributed talk and poster sessions.

We will also host Software Carpentry student & postdoctoral researcher workshops on tools for reproducible science, including git.

2020 Tillyer Award lecture

Professor Bill Geisler III, University of Texas at Austin

For pioneering theories of optimal visual processing that bring together scene statistics, physiological constraints, and task requirements to gain a new understanding of perceptual functions and eye movements.

2021 Tillyer Award lecture

Professor David Brainard, University of Pennsylvania

For groundbreaking experimental and theoretical contributions to our understanding of how the visual system resolves the ambiguities inherent in sensory signals to produce a stable percept of object color.

2021 Boynton Lecture

Professor Christine Curcio, The University of Alabama at Birmingham

For seminal contributions to our understanding of human retinal neuroscience, including the effects of aging and age-related macular degeneration.

Invited talk sessions

*       GABAergic function and dysfunction in visual perception

*       Reawakening plasticity in visual cortex

*       Are we going forward or backwards? Computational models of vision

*       AI applications in Ophthalmology & Vision science

*       Retinal mechanisms mediating spatial and color vision

Important dates:

7th July. Abstract submission is OPEN!<https://www.osafallvisionmeeting.org/submit-an-abstract>

19th July. Registration opens

19th August. Abstract submission closes. (Abstracts will be accepted on a rolling basis, but selection for talks will be announced on the 30th Aug.)

17th September. Registration deadline. Registration forms received after the deadline date will be processed on a space-available basis and are subject to a Late Registration Fee of $45.00.

30th August. Talk presentations will be announced.

We look forward to welcoming you, in person, in Seattle!

Sincerely,

Local Organizer Representatives, Ione Fine, Kim Meier, Ramkumar Sabesan, Mike Manookin, University of Washington, Seattle, WA

Stacey Choi, Chair of OSA FVM Planning Committee

Ravi Jonnal, Co-chair of OSA FVM Planning Committee