[visionlist] Postdoc position in ophthalmic data mining and machine learning

Siamak Yousefi syousefy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:24:27 -04 2021

Dear Members,

A postdoc position at the Data Mining and Machine Learning (DM2L)
laboratory is available immediately.

We look for a highly motivated candidate with PhD in computer science,
engineering, or data science and experience of conducting data mining
projects. This is a 2-year appointment and available immediately, thus
preference is to those already in the US.

We will consider applicants who have already worked with ophthalmic data
and have relevant publications or applicants who are highly experienced in
developing machine learning and deep learning models and have extensive
experience of Python programming. Please apply if you just fall in one of
the above categories.

About DM2L
Since establishment in late 2017, DM2L members have published ~45
journal/conference/abstracts with ~12 articles in 2020 only. Since 2019,
DM2L has received ~$1.1M funding support from NIH and Bright-Focus
foundation. Lab members develop deep learning, manifold learning,
conventional machine learning, unsupervised machine learning, and
statistical learning to automatically diagnose and prognose glaucoma, AMD,
keratoconus, keratoplasty, cataract, and uveitis.
Please send your CV to siamak.yousefi at uthsc.edu if you fit this position.

Lab webpage: https://syousefy.wixsite.com/yousefilab
University profile: https://uthsc.edu/faculty/profile/?netid=syousef1

Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Siamak_Yousefi4