[visionlist] Tenure-track assistant professor position at University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Caglar Tas caglartas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 14:19:36 -04 2021

The Department of Psychology in the University of Tennessee at Knoxville
invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
Cognition or Cognitive Neuroscience. Please direct any inquiries to Aaron
Buss, Chair of the Search Committee (abuss at utk.edu).

*Job Description:*
The Department of Psychology is expanding the undergraduate Neuroscience
major and graduate Neuroscience minor. We are looking for faculty who can
enrich and expand existing cognition and neuroscience research. We invite
applications from individuals who study cognitive processes and mechanisms
using behavioral, computational, or neuroimaging techniques. The new hire
will join a vibrant and diverse community of neuroscientists within the
Department of Psychology who conduct a wide range of animal and human
research. Information about the department and our undergraduate Psychology
and Neuroscience programs, as well as our graduate programs is online at
http://psychology.utk.edu.

The University of Tennessee at Knoxville is the flagship university and the
premier public research institute in the State of Tennessee. There are
extensive opportunities for collaborations with members of the Neuroscience
Network of East Tennessee (NeuroNET <http://neuronet.utk.edu/>), National
Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS
<http://www.nimbios.org/>), and nearby Oak Ridge National Laboratory
<https://www.ornl.gov/>. The university has a 3T Siemens MAGNETOM Trio
located at the UT Medical Center which is a 10-minute drive from the
Department of Psychology.

Candidates should have a strong research record and enthusiasm for teaching
at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Position responsibilities include
maintaining a productive research program, teaching at both undergraduate
and graduate levels, and directing graduate student research. The
successful candidate will be expected to have either existing or strong
potential for obtaining extramural funding.

The Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee is seeking candidates
who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and
intercultural goals of the University.

*Qualifications:*
Applicants should have met all requirements for a Ph.D. prior to the start
date, a strong research record, enthusiasm for teaching at the graduate and
undergraduate level, and strong potential for extramural research funding.

*To apply:*
Applicants should electronically submit their vita, research statement,
representative publications, teaching statement, diversity statement, and
three letters of recommendation to Interfolio (
https://apply.interfolio.com/91046). Review of applications will begin
immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit
your application by October 1, 2021 to ensure full consideration. The
position will begin August 2022. Qualified applicants should have met all
requirements for a Ph.D. by August 1, 2022.

--
Caglar TAS
Assistant Professor of Psychology