[visionlist] MRI mirror substrate

Salvatore Torrisi torrisi at berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 13 17:50:07 -04 2021

hi all:

for those of you who may be presenting in-bore visual stimuli to subjects,
have you found relevant differences in *mirror substrate*? in other words,
we can get first-surface mirrors overcoated on acrylic or aluminum
substrates, and have heard the latter is often used in MRI, however we're
at ultra high field and there's a concern about eddy currents from the
aluminum. ultimately we plan to do some tests but i'm just crowd-searching
for other experience or thoughts. i have further specs on precise materials
a company has quoted but i'd prefer to go to that level of detail via
direct messaging. anyway, thank you!

Salvatore Torrisi, PhD
Advanced MRI Technologies, LLC
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute