[visionlist] Postdoc position in project on EEG methods and open science @Uni Münster, Germany

Niko Busch niko.busch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:52:19 -04 2021

My lab at the Institute of Psychology, University of Muenster, Germany, is
currently looking for a postdoc. This 3-year full-time position is funded
by a research grant from the German Research Council (DFG).

*# Project summary:*EEG  analysis usually requires long sequences of
decisions between many alternative methods and parameters from
preprocessing down to statistical tests. How do such analytic decisions
affect the results? Can EEG findings obtained with one pipeline be
reproduced with other pipelines? Which analysis steps are responsible for
the most variability?

To assess the robustness and replicability of EEG analyses and their
results, we have initiated the #EEGManyPipelines project. We are conducting
a “many analysts” study, in which we provide a representative EEG dataset
and invite a large sample of EEG researchers to analyse the data with a
processing pipeline of their choice. Further information about our project
can be found here: https://www.eegmanypipelines.org/

The postdoctoral research associate will be responsible for the meta-level
analysis of the analysis pipelines acquired in this project. Furthermore,
we offer the opportunity to participate in other ongoing research projects
in the lab, mostly in the areas of visual cognition and psychophysics,
visual short-term and long-term memory and neuronal oscillations. Further
information about the lab’s research, publications and members can be found
here: https://www.uni-muenster.de/PsyIFP/AEBusch/index.html

*# Requirements*In short, candidates should hold a PhD in psychology,
neuroscience, or a related field, have expertise in signal processing and
statistical analysis of M/EEG data and solid IT and data management skills.

This project would best suit someone with an interest in EEG analysis
methods, open science, and my lab's research topics (visual cognition and
neural oscillations). You will collaborate with an amazing, international
team, work in a friendly and inspiring lab environment, and live in an
awesome city!

*# Formalities*Application deadline is November 15 2021. Earliest starting
date is January 2022, but later dates are also possible.

The detailed job ad is available here (scroll down for the English version):
https://www.uni-muenster.de/Rektorat/Stellen/ausschreibungen/st_20213009_sk9.html

If you are potentially interested in this position, I would be glad to
answer any informal questions about the position or application
requirements (niko.busch at uni-muenster.de)!

I would be grateful if you could pass this information on to potentially
interested colleagues.

Kind regards, Niko Busch