[visionlist] Virtual Workshop (Nov 4): Public Health and Research Applications of the CDC's Vision and Eye Health Surveillance System

Owsley, Cynthia cynthiaowsley at uabmc.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:51:06 -04 2021

Virtual Workshop: Public Health and Research Applications of the CDC’s Vision and Eye Health Surveillance System (VEHSS)

Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_G6Vu5I2UTA2Pykf2QUwJOA<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_G6Vu5I2UTA2Pykf2QUwJOA__;!!NoSwA-eRAg!Q-I1KgueUS5bO9oDSwbEdv1Dgr35ItQpk_vlc-x7vsoQO6tC1s18CkP1lwWmyWi1y56NtQ$>

Date/Time: Thursday, November 4, 2021 - 1:00-2:15pm Eastern

Prevent Blindness will be hosting a FREE virtual workshop on the Public Health and Research Applications of the CDC’s Vision and Eye Health Surveillance System<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cdc.gov/visionhealth/vehss/index.html__;!!NoSwA-eRAg!Q-I1KgueUS5bO9oDSwbEdv1Dgr35ItQpk_vlc-x7vsoQO6tC1s18CkP1lwWmyWje48TOZQ$> (VEHSS). This workshop will focus on how to use the CDC’s VEHSS and how the data can be leveraged for use in public health research and programs. You will learn:

  *   What VEHSS is and the data it contains,
  *   How to use the VEHSS website to run custom data queries and download data, and
  *   How to query data to develop research hypotheses, identify disparities, and inform public health planning and policy.

Speakers<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cvph.preventblindness.org/events/vehss-virtual-workshop/__;!!NoSwA-eRAg!Q-I1KgueUS5bO9oDSwbEdv1Dgr35ItQpk_vlc-x7vsoQO6tC1s18CkP1lwWmyWhwpNDmZg$> include:

  *   Joshua R. Ehrlich, MD, MPH, University of Michigan
  *   Elizabeth Lundeen, PhD, MPH, Vision Health Initiative, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
  *   John Wittenborn, NORC at the University of Chicago
  *   David B. Rein, PhD, MPA, NORC at the University of Chicago
  *   Kira Baldonado, MPH, Prevent Blindness (moderator)