[visionlist] Post-doc: metacognition, time perception, TMS, EEG

Tadeusz Kononowicz t.w.kononowicz at icloud.com
Mon Oct 11 03:24:43 -04 2021

Post-doc: metacognition, time perception, TMS, EEG

Summary: Metacognition is a hallmark of our mental abilities. Monitoring of internal states is typically studied in a paradigm where mental states are driven information in outside world. To investigate internally-driven processes we use time perception. Previous studies suggested that humans and animals my take into account their internal timing uncertainty, and thus an ability to monitor temporal error. However, only recently possibility to introspect about time errors was investigated in humans.

Principal investigator: dr Tadeusz W. Kononowicz (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=HfkBE50AAAAJ&hl=fr <https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=HfkBE50AAAAJ&hl=fr>)

Duration of the project: 24 months

Working time :(40 hours/week)

Workplace: Psychology Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences PAN, Warszawa, ul. Jaracza 1

Deadline for applications: Until the position is filled.

Requirements
- PhD degree in psychology, cognitive science, biology, computer science, artificial intelligence, or related fields.
- High motivation for research work and strong interest in the subject of the project.
- Previous experience in research projects involving EEG and/or TMS, in humans.
- Excellent programming skills: e.g., Python, R, Matlab ...
- Excellent knowledge of basic statistical methods.
- Experience with machine learning and artificial neural networks will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Teamwork, communication skills, and commitment.

Candidates  can familiarize themselves with the description of the project:
https://projekty.ncn.gov.pl/opisy/469189-pl.pdf <https://projekty.ncn.gov.pl/opisy/469189-pl.pdf>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/syq6l05ej9bu39n/Advertisment.docx?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/syq6l05ej9bu39n/Advertisment.docx?dl=0>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrx5ruirre15r8i/Canevas%201.html?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrx5ruirre15r8i/Canevas%201.html?dl=0>