[visionlist] eNTERFACE'17, 13th International Summer Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces : Final project proposal submission deadline (10 February)
lteixeira at porto.ucp.pt
Fri Feb 3 12:39:55 EST 2017
**Please forward to anyone who might be interested**
Apologies for cross-posting
CfP eNTERFACE'17 Workshop: International Summer Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces
Final project proposal submission deadline (10 February)
eNTERFACE workshops aim at establishing a tradition of collaborative, localized research and development work by gathering, in a single place, a team of senior project leaders in multimodal interfaces, researchers, and (undergraduate) students, to work on a pre-specified list of challenges, for 4 weeks.
Following the success of the previous eNTERFACE workshops held in Mons (Belgium, 2005), Dubrovnik (Croatia, 2006), Istanbul (Turkey, 2007), Paris (France, 2008), Genova (Italy, 2009), Amsterdam (Netherlands, 2010), Plzen (Czech Republic, 2011), Metz (France, 2012), Lisbon (Portugal, 2013), Bilbao (Spain, 2014), Mons (Belgium, 2015), Twente (Netherlands 2016), the Digital Creativity Centre (CCD)<http://artes.ucp.pt/ccd>, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, has the pleasure to host eNTERFACE’17<http://artes.ucp.pt/enterface17>, the 13th Summer Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces, to be held in Porto, Portugal from July 3rd to 28th, 2017.
The eNTERFACE'17 committee<http://artes.ucp.pt/enterface17/Committees_eNTERFACE17.html> now invites researchers to submit project proposals that will be evaluated by the scientific committee. All the information asked to submit a project is available on the website of the workshop. The proposals should contain a full description of the project's objectives, required hardwares/softwares and relevant literatures.
Participants are organized in teams, attached to specific projects, working on free software. Each week will typically consist of working sessions by the teams on their respective projects plus a tutorial given by an invited senior researcher and a presentation of the results achieved by each project group. The last week will be devoted to writing an article on the results obtained by the teams plus a big session where all the groups will present their achievements.
Proceedings are expected to be published by CITAR Journal. CITAR Journal was recently (July 2016) accepted for inclusion in a new index of the Web of Science (WoS) Core Collection: the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), and has also been accepted for indexing by Elsevier's Scopus.
Although not exhaustive, the submitted projects can cover one or several of the topics : Art and Technology, Affective Computing, Assistive and Rehabilitation Technologies, Assistive Technologies for Education and Social Inclusion, Augmented Reality, Conversational Embodied Agents, Human Behavior Analysis, Human Robot Interaction, Interactive Playgrounds, Innovative Musical Interfaces, Interactive Systems for Artistic Applications, Multimodal Interaction, Signal Analysis and Synthesis, Multimodal Spoken Dialog Systems, Search in Multimedia and Multilingual Documents, Smart Spaces and Environments, Social Signal Processing, Tangible and Gesture Interfaces, Teleoperation and Telerobotics, Wearable Technology, Virtual Reality
The general procedure of the eNTERFACE workshop series is as follows. Researchers are invited to submit project proposals. The project proposals will be evaluated by the eNTERFACE steering committee. If accepted, the projects will be published and researchers and students are invited to apply for up to 3 projects they would like to be part of. After notifying the applicants, the project leaders can start building their teams. Final project proposals must be submitted by email (PDF) to enterface17 at porto.ucp.pt<http://mailto:enterface17%40porto.ucp.pt%3cmailto%3Aenterface17@porto.ucp.pt/>.
* Instructions for the final proposal: http://artes.ucp.pt/enterface17/authors-kit/eNTERFACE17_Authors_Kit.pdf
* 20 January 2017: Notification of interest for a project proposal with a summary of project goals, work-packages and deliverables (1-page)
* 10 February 2017: Submission deadline: Final project proposal
* 20 February 2017: Notification of acceptance to project leaders
* 06 March 2017: Start Call for Participation, participants can apply for projects
* 21 April 2017: Call for Participation is closed
* 28 April 2017: Teams are built, notification of acceptance to participants
* 03 – 28 July 2017: eNTERFACE’17 Workshop
* Prof. Albert Ali Salah, University of Bogazici, Turkey
* Prof. Alvaro Barbosa, University of Saint Joseph, Macao, China
* Prof. Andrew Perkis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
* Prof. Antonio Camurri, University of Genova, Italy
* Prof. Benoit Macq, Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), Belgium
* Prof. Bruce Pennycook, University of Texas at Austin, USA
* Prof. Christophe d'Alessandro, CNRS-LIMSI, France
* Dr. Daniel Erro, Cirrus Logic, Spain
* Prof. Dirk Heylen, University of Twente, Netherlands
* Prof. Gualtiero Volpe, University of Genova, Italy
* Prof. Igor S. Pandžić, University of Zagreb, Croatia
* Prof. Inma Hernaez, University of the Basque Country, Spain
* Prof. Jean Vanderdonckt, Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), Belgium
* Prof. Jorge C. S. Cardoso, University of Coimbra, Portugal
* Prof. Khiet Truong, University of Twente, Netherlands
* Prof. Kostas Karpouzis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
* Prof. Ludger Brümmer, ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhey, Germany
* Prof. Luis Teixeira, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (UCP), Portugal
* Prof. Martin Kaltenbrunner, Kunstuniversität Linz, Austria
* Prof. Maureen Thomas, Cambridge University Moving Image Studio, UK
* Prof. Milos Zelezny, University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic
* Prof. Nuno Guimarães, Information Sciences, Technologies and Architecture Research Center (ISTAR-UL), Portugal
* Prof. Olivier Pietquin, University of Lille | Google DeepMind, France
* Prof. Sandra Pauletto, University of York, UK
* Prof. Stefania Serafin Professor, Aalborg University Copenhagen, Denmark
* Prof. Thierry Dutoit, University of Mons, Belgium
* Prof. Yves Rybarczyk, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
eNTERFACE’17 will be held in the Digital Creativity Centre located on the campus of the Catholic Portuguese University in the city of Porto, Portugal. The Digital Creativity Centre<http://artes.ucp.pt/ccd> is a center of competence and creative excellence with an infrastructure equipped with cutting edge technology in the areas of Digital and Interactive Arts, Computer Music, Sound Design, Audiovisual and Cinematic Arts, Computer Animation.
Facilities include experiment spaces, meeting rooms, as well as a Motion Capture (MoCap) Lab equipped with a Vicon Motion Capture System, a Digital and Interactive Arts (Yamaha Disklavier Grand Piano Robotic Performance System, a Notomoton Percussion Robot, two Reactable Live and one Reactable Media Bench Systems, various Microsoft Kinects, Nintendo Wiimotes, LeapMotion sensors, Webcameras, 3d-printers, Arduino and Raspberry Pi systems).
eNTERFACE’17 will be organized and hosted by the Digital Creativity Centre, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa - School of Arts.
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDADE
Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação confidencial ou legalmente protegida para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário pretendido da mesma, não deverá fazer uso, copiar, distribuir ou revelar o seu conteúdo (incluindo quaisquer anexos) a terceiros, sem a devida autorização. Se recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o emissor, por e-mail, e elimine-a imediatamente. Obrigado.
This message may contain confidential information or privileged material, and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist