[visionlist] Postdoctoral position in attention and eye movements at Smith-Kettlewell, San Francisco

Steve Heinen heinen at ski.org
Fri Feb 3 18:54:24 -05 2017

Our laboratory seeks a postdoctoral fellow to be funded by an NEI
institutional training grant to Smith-Kettlewell. We investigate
interactions between oculomotor systems using naturalistic stimuli, with
an emphasis on attentive and subconscious elements of oculomotor
control. Our approach pairs psychophysics with eye movement recording to
elucidate sensorimotor signal flow, and ongoing projects use fMRI to
investigate new perspectives on circuitry underlying these processes.

Smith-Kettlewell is located in San Francisco, a hub of biomedical and
biotech research. Our location and reputation in vision science affords
the opportunity for postdocs to collaborate with nearby universities and
tech companies. San Francisco has many cultural amenities that include
diverse dining and entertainment venues, and easy access to outdoor
activities in our many parks and waterways.

The fellowships require a Ph.D. or M.D. and are normally awarded for two
years. Fellows who demonstrate success obtaining external funding can be
invited to continue as sponsored investigators at the institute.
Applications from individuals with disabilities or other
underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged. The NEI Training
Grant requires that fellows be US citizens or permanent residents. Note
that the position is offered through the Smith-Kettlewell fellowship
program, which accepts applications to all Institute labs.

Applications will be accepted until Feb 24, 2017. Details of the program
and application procedures can be found at
http://www.ski.org/what-does-fellowship-smith-kettlewell-offer. To
apply, please contact me at heinen at ski.org <mailto:heinen at ski.org>.

--
Stephen J. Heinen, Ph.D., Senior Scientist
The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute
heinen at ski.org
http://www.ski.org/SJHeinen_lab