[visionlist] immunity from illusions (particularly visual illusions)

Tom Freeman FreemanT at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 08:34:05 -05 2017

As Qaisim says, individual differences in illusions/perceptual biases have been neglected (as IDs in perception have in general).

Grist to the mill: Georgie Powell and I have just published an account of individual differences in two well-known motion illusions, based on differences in certain features of motion priors, as well as differences in motion sensitivity.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0956797616665351

Cheers Tom

School of Psychology
Tower Building
Park Place
Cardiff CF10 3AT UK
+44(0)2920874554
psych.cf.ac.uk/contactsandpeople/academics/freeman.html