[visionlist] CfP: Workshop on Target Re-Identification and Multi-Target Multi-Camera Tracking @ CVPR 2017

Ergys Ristani ergysristani at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 13:50:02 -05 2017

CfP: CVPR 2017 Workshop on Target Re-Identification and Multi-Target
Multi-Camera Tracking

This workshop brings together researchers from two subfields of computer
vision that have seen growing activity in the past few years: Target
Re-Identification (ReID) and Multi-Target Multi-Camera Tracking (MTMCT).
This workshop explores opportunities for cross-fertilization between
these two thriving and important subfields of computer vision and aims
to deependiscussions on future directions.

Deadline for submission:April 1,
2017Website:http://vision.cs.duke.edu/CVPR-2017-REID-MTMCT/

Program and topics

This one day workshop will host invited speakers, poster sessions and
oral presentations. We encourage authors to explore pollination between
the fields of ReID and MTMCT and take on research questions, rather than
just presentingstate-of-the-art results on benchmarks. Examples of such
questions are:

  *

    How much do initial detections influence performance in MTMCT or ReID?

  *

    Which ReID descriptors can be integrated into MTMCT systems, and how?

  *

    What can we learn by evaluating a MTMCT system in terms of ReID(,
    and vice-versa)?

  *

    What makes these problems hard (and easy)?

  *

    How can ReID and MTMCT benefit each other?

  *

    How can MTMCT and ReID capitalize on recent large-scale datasets?

  *

    How to deal with large-scale indexing and optimization in ReID and
    MTMCT?

  *

    Do we need largely annotated datasets for ReID and MTMCT?

  *

    Do semantic attributes help in matching identities in ReID and MTMCT?

  *

    How can re-ranking schemes improve ReID performance?

Organizers

Rita Cucchiara (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia)

Wen Gao (Peking University)

Shaogang Gong (Queen Mary University of London)

Thomas S. Huang (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign)

Ergys Ristani (Duke University)

Francesco Solera (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia)

Qi Tian (University of Texas at San Antonio)

Carlo Tomasi (Duke University)