[visionlist] Gordon Research Conference: Eye Movements -- The Oculomotor System as Model of Mind and Brain -- July 2017
Schall, Jeffrey D
jeffrey.d.schall at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Mar 7 06:42:43 -05 2017
Gordon Research Conference: Eye Movements — The Oculomotor System as Model of Mind and Brain
July 9-14, 2017
Bates College, Lewiston, ME
Chairs: Marc A. Sommer & Douglas Crawford
Vice Chairs: Miriam Spering & Jeffrey D. Schall
The 2017 Gordon Research Conference on Eye Movements will offer a comprehensive and forward-looking program that emphasizes the most current conceptual trends in the field (https://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=14524). While many aspects of oculomotor research will be represented, a running theme of this year's GRC will be the continued significance of eye movements as a model system for studying fundamental and clinically relevant questions in the fields of visual perception, motor control, and cognition.
· Keynote Session: The Nexus Between Eye Movements and Cognitive Neuroscience (David Zee / Eileen Kowler / Stephen Lisberger)
· Saccades and Visual Cognition (Robert Wurtz / Michael Goldberg / Okihide Hikosaka / Michele Basso / Matthew Smith)
· Pursuit of Visual Objects: From Motion Perception to Cognition (Philippe Lefevre / Jean-Jacques Orban de Xivry / Anna Montagnini / Leslie Osborne / Suryadeep Dash)
· Reading and Scene Perception (John Henderson / Alan Kingstone / Monica Castelhano / Erik Reichle / Holly Joseph)
· Eye Movements and Social Cognition (Michael Platt / Miguel Eckstein / Katalin Gothard / Kari Hoffman / Julio Martinez-Trujillo)
· Transition from Response Time to Saccade (Martin Paré / Lance Optican / Thomas Palmeri / Roozbeh Kiani / Yoshikazu Shinoda)
· Eye Movements and Attention (Marisa Carrasco / James Bisley / Martina Poletti / Jan Theeuwes / Jacqueline Gottlieb)
· Guidance of Eye Movements by Value and Reward (Michael Dorris / Shinsuke Shimojo / Alexander Schutz / Sanjay Manohar / Mati Joshua)
· Gaze Stabilization and the Skeletomotor System (Kathleen Cullen / Stefan Glasauer / Aasef Shaikh / Barry Seemungal / Andrea Green)
· Power Hour (Marisa Carrasco, Eileen Kowler)
The 2017 GRC will be preceded by a Gordon Research Seminar (GRS), designed by and for the exclusive benefit of trainees and research associates, Chairs: Jay J. Jantz & Chao Gu. Refer to the associated GRS program page for more information (https://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=15595). Those interested in attending both meetings must submit an application for the GRS in addition to an application for the GRC.
Together, the GRC and GRS constitute an immersive experience in which participants share ideas over meals and jointly participate in scheduled and unscheduled social activities. The format provides unparalleled opportunity for participants of all career stages to share their most novel findings, foster new collaborative efforts, and chart the future directions of oculomotor research.
Applications for this meeting must be submitted by June 11, 2017. Please apply early, as some meetings become oversubscribed (full) before this deadline. If the meeting is oversubscribed, it will be stated here. Note: Applications for oversubscribed meetings will only be considered by the Conference Chair if more seats become available due to cancellations.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist