[visionlist] Postdoctoral Position -- Baby Brain Connectome

gangli lignpu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:09:43 -05 2017

Postdoctoral research associate and visiting student/scholar positions are
available in the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Research Imaging
Center (BRIC) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
(UNC-Chapel Hill). Our current focuses are to better understand the dynamic
development of brain structure, function and connectivity during critical
early postnatal stages, via computational analysis of high-quality
multimodal neuroimaging data, such as data acquired by UNC/UMN Baby
Connectome Project. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who have
extensive research experience in neuroimaging analysis (e.g., structural,
diffusion or functional MRI) and demonstrated academic excellence,
including publications in first-class journals and conferences. The
postdoctoral candidate should have a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in Neuroscience,
Computer Science, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Electrical Engineering,
Biomedical Engineering, or related fields. Good command of programming
tools including Matlab, C++, Linux, and scripting are necessary to carry
out the research work in this group. The candidate will support our efforts
either in advancing neuroimaging analysis technologies or in neuroscience
applications.

The successful candidate will be part of a diverse group including
neuroscientists, radiologists, psychologists, physicists, biostatistician,
and computer scientists, and will build upon the group's extensive
foundation on neuroimaging analysis. If interested, please email resume to
Dr. Gang Li (gang_li at med.unc.edu).