[visionlist] [ecvp-2017] ECVP 2017 in Berlin: Satellite Tutorials

Marianne Maertens marianne.maertens at tu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 16 01:00:52 -05 2017

Dear colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce that ECVP 2017 in Berlin will feature *satellite
tutorials* on various topics in vision science on *Sunday afternoon* right
before the opening of ECVP.

Thanks to our volunteer instructors we are proud to offer tutorials on the
following topics:

1. Introduction to Git and Github (Betty Kalogeropoulou)

2. Tools and workflows for local and global collaboration on scientific
data (Michael Hanke)

3. Introduction to Psychopy (Jonathan Peirce)

4. Ideal Observer Models (Frank Jäkel)

5. Statistics of Signal Detection Models (Guillermo Aguilar)

6. Introduction to Single-Trial EEG Analysis & Brain Computer Interfacing
(Benjamin Blankertz)

7. Bayesian Methods and Generative Models in Perception and Learning
(Jozsef Fiser)

The tutorials will take place at the conference venue Henry Ford Building
on *Sunday, 27th of August from 1:00 to 4:00pm*. Each session will have a
coffee break.

To register for the tutorials you need to write an email to the respective
instructor of your tutorial of interest. Please use the email addresses
provided on the website:
*http://www.ecvp.org/2017/tutorials.html*
<http://www.ecvp.org/2017/tutorials.html>.

Tutorials are *tuition-free* but you need to be a registered ECVP
participant so please attach a *confirmation of your registration* to your
email. Tutorials are limited to max 20 people. We kindly ask you to not
register for more than one tutorial. You will receive an email of
confirmation as soon as the tutorial is fully booked or the latest by May,
15th.

With the best wishes,

your ECVP organizing team

Guido Hesselmann, Marianne Maertens, Florian Ostendorf, Martin Rolfs &
Philipp Sterzer