[visionlist] OSA Fall Vision Meeting October 13-15, 2017

Arthur Shapiro arthur.shapiro at american.edu
Wed Apr 5 18:26:38 -05 2017

We are pleased to announce the 17th Annual Optical Society of America Fall
Vision Meeting, scheduled to take place at the Katzen Art Center at
American University in Washington, DC, from the 13th to the 15th of October
2017.

http://www.osavisionmeeting.org/2017/conf/index.php

*The abstract submission is now open:*

http://www.osavisionmeeting.org/2017/conf/submit.php

Please note that the abstract submission deadline is *July 15, 2017*.

*The online registration is now open:*

http://www.osavisionmeeting.org/2017/conf/registration.php

Since 2001, the OSA Fall Vision Meeting has grown as a high-quality,
low-cost conference focused on all aspects of the visual system. This year,
we are excited to host the meeting in Washington, DC, for the first time.
We are fortunate to have generous support from OSA.

This year's meeting includes five invited sessions, three contributed talk
sessions, and a variety of contributed poster presentations. We are also
pleased to announce two special events this year: Prof. Ken Nakayama from
Harvard University will be presented with the 2017 Tillyer Award for
distinguished work in the field of vision; and Prof. David H. Brainard from
University of Pennsylvania will present the annual Boynton Lecture.

*The confirmed invited speakers includes:*

Lorne Whitehead, University of British Columbia
Anya Hurlbert, Newcastle University
Mark Fairchild,, Rochester Institute of Technology
Bei Xiao, American University
Shin’ya Nishida, NTT Japan
David Huang, Oregon Health and Science University
Don Miller, Indiana University
Stephen Burns, Indiana University
Rigmor Baraas, Buskerud University
Brian Wandell, Stanford University
Noah Benson, New York University
Kendrick Kay, University of Minnesota
Ione Fine, University of Washington
Andrew Pucker, University of Alabama, Birmingham
Greg Schwartz, Northwestern University
David Troilo, SUNY College of Optometry
Machelle Pardue,  Georgia Tech
Manuel Spitschan, Stanford University

We look forward to welcoming you in Washington, DC.

Arthur Shapiro (Co-Chair, DC 2017 Local Organizing Committee)
Bei Xiao (Co-Chair, DC 2017 Local Organizing Committee)

--
Arthur G. Shapiro
Professor of Psychology and Computer Science