[visionlist] [cvnet] 1977 ARVO talk by Naomi Weisstein

Jonathan D Victor jdvicto at med.cornell.edu
Fri May 26 17:29:34 -05 2017

I don’t remember that talk, but I do remember a talk from that period that she gave at Rockefeller, where I was a grad student (1973-1979).  The most memorable point was her truth-said-in-jest about how little we know about masking and adaptation – that if it really were a matter of spatial-frequency channels, then  a point should be a universal masker – since it has power at all spatial frequencies.

JV