[visionlist] [cvnet] 1977 ARVO talk by Naomi Weisstein

Jeff Mulligan jeffrey.b.mulligan at nasa.gov
Sat May 27 11:57:51 -05 2017

As someone who was definitely NOT there, I am wondering what the effect
is...  Here is my guess based on the figure above:  the vertical black
bars are occluders which move over a stationary geometric pattern shown
in the top and bottom horizontal strips, and that the occluding vertical
bars are completed amodally in the central region where the arrow is
drawn.  I am guessing that it might work equally well if the occluders
were stationary, and the texture moved behind it?

-Jeff