[visionlist] Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunity, Seattle

IONE FINE ionefine at uw.edu
Tue Jun 6 10:41:58 -05 2017

WRF Postdoctoral Fellowship application now open

Dear friends and colleagues:

Last week, we began accepting applications for our inaugural WRF Postdoctoral Fellowship recruitment. Our goal is to select up to 10 exceptional postdoctoral researchers each year to work in STEM subject areas at Washington state’s top research institutions. I have attached the press release that is now on our website and social media pages.  The ad will appear in a few key journals in the coming weeks.

We encourage you to share this program with your colleagues, students and friends. We hope, and expect, to attract the highest caliber applicants, and you can help us to achieve this. Applications will be accepted until Sunday, July 16, 2017.

Further program details can be found on our website at http://wrfseattle.org/details-eligibility.php.

WRF Postdoctoral Fellows

 Will be chosen by an outstanding external selection committee

 Will be supported for three years at a research institution in Washington state

 Will choose the laboratories and start date to conduct their research

 Will receive a salary of $65,000 for the first year, $67,500 for the second year and $70,000 for the third year, plus benefits as determined by the institution

 Will have a small budget for research supplies, equipment and/or travel

 Will attend periodic lectures and networking meetings to get to know each other and WRF staff, and to learn about the commercialization process

Eligibility

 Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder)

 Upon commencement of the Fellowship, must have completed a doctorate from an accredited graduate program

 Must be able to begin the Fellowship in 2018

Selection Process and Approximate Timeline

 Closing Date for Applications: end of the day Sunday, July 16, 2017

 Videoconference interviews will begin in late August 2017 for candidates whose applications progress

 Following the completion of all video interviews, an in-person interview will be offered to candidates then selected for our shortlist. WRF will provide a travel allowance for these interviews, which are currently scheduled for October 2017 in Seattle

 Successful candidates will be notified that they have received a WRF Postdoctoral Fellowship in November 2017