[visionlist] Postdoc & PhD vacancies on memory, attention and visual search
c.n.l.olivers at vu.nl
Thu Jul 6 06:07:33 -04 2017
The Department of Experimental and Applied Psychology at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is offering two positions:
1. A postdoc position on memory and attention, for 1.5 years (depending on starting date), working with Chris Olivers, starting autumn 2017 the latest. This project investigates the interactions between working memory and attention. It may also include the influences of learning. Filling in is reasonably flexible, and psychophysics (including eye tracking), EEG, and fMRI backgrounds are all welcome.
2. A fully salaried PhD position on visual search and peripheral vision for 4 years (subject to 1 year probation), working together with Erik van der Burg and Chris Olivers. Starting late 2017/early 2018. This project investigates visual search using genetic algorithms, and an affinity with programming, image processing, or AI methods in general is an advantage.
- Demonstrable technical skills such as programming, Matlab/R, and/or computational modelling.
- Demonstrable psychophysical and/or neuroimaging skills
- Proficient English writing
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team
You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl. This includes:
- additional remuneration of 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- solid pension scheme (ABP);
- generous contribution (65%) commuting allowance based on public transport.
For more information you can contact: Prof. Chris Olivers, c.n.l.olivers at vu.nl.
To apply for a position, please send your letter of application, a curriculum vitae, the name and contact details of two references, and in case of the PhD vacancy, an up to date grade list, before the 17th of August 2017 to: Suzan Besuijen, suzan.besuijen at vu.nl. Late applications may still be considered.
More information about the visionlist