[visionlist] Facereader or iMotion experiences?

Meike Ramon meike.ramon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:53:16 -05 2017

dear edwin,

we used imotions' products for a corporate project for mazda motor europe,
where we used the software in naturalistic, real-life driving situations.
(video here: meikeramon.com/innovation-knowledge-transfer/)
compared to sunny days, slightly overcast conditions / less light was
better for us because then drivers didnt wrinkle brows / forehead, but it
will depend on the question you're addressing. we were happy with the
software, as well as the support we received from the company; i am sure
they can suggest the best set-up for your needs.
i am cc-ing in sara (imotions customer success manager), with whom i
communicated last.

hope this helps!
best
meike

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 4:55 AM, Edwin Burns (Dr) <eburns at ntu.edu.sg> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Does anyone have any experience with Noldus Facereader or iMotion? Our lab
> is about to purchase one of these software packages, but we’d like to get
> some feedback from researchers that have had practical experience with
> either or both. We’ve got 3 questions:
>

> 1) What do you think of the software in general?
>

> 2) How is the technical support? Are they good at responding to any
> questions after purchase and readily help with any problems?
>

> 3) How well do they work in low light conditions?
>

> Any feedback on the above will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in
> advance.

Meike Ramon, PhD
*Postdoctoral Researcher Associate*

University of Fribourg