[visionlist] postdoc on praying mantis stereopsis at Newcastle University (deadline 5th Dec)

Jenny Read jenny.read at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 08:29:07 -05 2017

Dear VisionList,

I have a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher to work on our Leverhulme-funded project  "Man, Mantis and Machine" . Using the praying mantis as a model, we're aiming to understand insect stereopsis, its neural basis, and its similarities and differences with primate stereopsis. This position is for a computational neuroscientist / research software engineer. Key duties will be to generate visual stimuli for experiments, and to develop computational models of mantis vision. The position is for two years, at Newcastle University in the North-East of England.

Those interested can read more about the project here:
https://www.jennyreadresearch.com/research/m3/

including our publications to date:
https://www.jennyreadresearch.com/research/m3/m3-publications/

and can find out more about Newcastle University here:
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/about/

Candidates can apply online here:
https://tinyurl.com/M3postdoc

and/or contact me directly with any questions.

Best wishes,

Jenny

--
Jenny C. A. Read
Professor of Vision Science                 Mobile +44 7709 045 924