[visionlist] job post

Gabriela Galilea gabriela.galilea at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:38:25 -05 2017

We seek for an experienced researcher in the fields of Neuroscience, Neuro
Ophthalmology and/or Applied Mathematics to act as a freelance consultant
to our team.

Okimo (www.okimo.co
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.okimo.co%2F&h=ATO9WbY7WYsJzv56Om3Dyx-jBqEV6D-e8rO1zbKvtj8Vdmq46p9QeDjPcTrB6g5gErg_SGALgPfYeMaEaVG1FHgseUD5JLq3yN1i0MvHgAo8m7A-_PWaOcVqDDgpEEYek9feaOU0udI>)
is an award-winning start-up project whose goal is to do preventative
screenings using biometric data. We have developed proprietary Visual
Screening software using Eye Tracking Technology and have run pilots in
countries like Paraguay and the Philippines with more than 500 children. We
are based in London and Asunción, Paraguay.

We want a Research Associate to join our team is because we are looking for
patterns and norms in our recently collected data as well as planning new
experiments, data collection, and pilots.

You will be working freelance and paid hourly at a competitive,
industry-standard rate appropriate to experience. This work is remote. If
you like the project, we can discuss potential equity and other forms of
participation.

What you will be doing:

- Designing Research Protocols for execution by our team

- Advising on the Accuracy of the Screening Tools

- Running statistical tests on the data collected through our software in
order to determine norm values

- Running experiments on the data collected in order to find patterns and
correlations

Skills and Qualifications:

- Advanced graduate student in Optometry/Ophthalmology, Psychology or
similar. with experience in Research
- Experience in Statistics and or Applied Mathematics
- Experience in designing research in the fields of neuroscience, optometry
and/or ophthalmology or similar
- Research experience using Eye Tracking

If you are interested please send us an e-mail with a cover letter, resume,
and links to your latest research to hello at okimo.co or
gabriela.galilea at gmail.com

--

OKIMO