[visionlist] Position as data manager/data scientist in Marburg, Germany (4 years)

Alexander Schütz a.schuetz at uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 13 11:06:17 -05 2017

The CRC/TRR 135 "Cardinal Mechanisms of perception"
(http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/sfb/index_en.html) is looking for a
data manager or data scientist that will engage in thorough research
data management for our research projects. Tasks will be to evaluate
current workflows, to set up training modules and to combine existing
tools to form a software toolset that will serve as a workflow
assistance. The workflow assistance is supposed to enable sharing of
data and code within the CRC, to enhance transparency of the whole
research process and to prepare data and code for publication. Most
probably we will apply g-node which is based on Go (backend) and
Java-Script/HTML (frontend), and combine it with other common tools such
as git. If you are a computer scientist or a neuroscientist /
psychologist with strong skills in computer science, and if you are
interested to work in an inspiring, interdisciplinary research
environment in the beautiful medieval city of Marburg (with strong
connections to Giessen), close to Frankfurt, then join our team!

We offer a four-year position (100%) that will be substantially
supported by the University Computing Center in Marburg, by PIs from
three pilot studies and by the local research data management service
teams of the Universities in Marburg and Giessen.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact Karl Gegenfurtner
(Karl.R.Gegenfurtner at psychol.uni-giessen.de) or Alexander Schütz
(a.schuetz at uni-marburg.de) for further information and for official job
application.

--
Prof. Alexander Schütz

Philipps-Universität Marburg
Fachbereich Psychologie
AG Allgemeine und Biologische Psychologie
Gutenbergstraße 18, D-35032 Marburg

P: +49 6421 28 23683
F: +49 6421 28 28940
E: a.schuetz at uni-marburg.de