[visionlist] [Job] Open position - Software Engineer at Mesurex-MLabs (Malaga, Spain)

Victor Medina vjmedina at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 09:30:47 -05 2018

Mesurex is an engineering company at the technological forefront of
measurement, automation and process control in the Industrial, Aerospace,
Security, Scientific, and Civil Engineering sectors. HQ’s are located in
Málaga, in the Technology Park of Andalusia with offices in Barcelona and
Madrid, we solve applications and offer solutions in sensors, measurement,
acquisition, data processing and process control systems with the latest
technologies since 1996.

In the Mesurex Instrumentation and Control Division, we offer a wide range
of sensors and measurement systems, either our own or from our partners:
world leaders in the field of instrumentation and industrial computing and
whose products we represent exclusively. Our know-how is based on the
latest technologies of optical fiber sensors and non-contact measurement
sensors: Infrared thermometers, thermography LWIR, MWIR, laser based
distance and displacement measurement; chromatic, color, inductive,
capacitive, radiofrequency based distance sensors, etc.

The MLabs division designs, develops and implements Quality and Process
Control turnkey projects through image processing, in the visible and in
the IR spectrum. We do Instrumentation, Monitoring, Automation, Robotics
and Control Projects. MLabs designs, develops and/or integrates advanced
products and systems under customer requirements, offering complete turnkey
solutions. Once validated and tested the prototype, we perform its
industrialization and subsequent series production. Furthermore, Mesurex’s
MLabs division also offers its Hardware and Software Design services. Since
its beginnings, Mesurex carries out an ambitious R&D program, promoting the
generation of new products and services for its customers. We participate
in first level R&D consortia, in collaboration with the most prestigious
organizations both at the European and at the national level.

We are looking for a motivated software engineer with strong programming
skills to join our multi-disciplinary team in our Málaga HQs for on-going
and future projects. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a solid
command of general object-oriented programming and library-based code
distribution using current development patterns with C/C++ and C# (MVVM and
MVP). Knowledge of embedded programming and image processing is also
desirable. The selected candidate will benefit from growing with a team of
senior software engineers and will be expected to have a high level of
independence and initiative.

To apply, please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to our
technical director, Adeodato Altamirano, at [dato.altamirano at mesurex.com
].

Responsibilities
-  Development of end-client applications, libraries, drivers, and
algorithms,
-  Maintenance and upgrade of legacy code,
-  Brainstorming and reporting sessions on the feasibility of in-coming
projects,
-  Collaboration with software and hardware engineers to facilitate
integration.

Requirements
-  Confident in the design, analysis and optimisation of software,
-  Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming,
-  C/C++ and C# programming under .NET environments,
-  MVVM and MVP programming patterns,
-  Good use of English and/or Spanish.

Preferred
-  Experience with embedded software design and image processing
algorithms,
-  Development of graphical user interfaces with WPF (Windows Presentation
Foundation),
-  Knowledge of software versioning and revision control.

Benefits
-  Competitive industry salary,
-  Inclusion in a motivated multi-disciplinary team,
-  Innovative work, always at the forefront of technology,
-  Opportunities for training and personal development.