[visionlist] Faculty positions - University of Stirling - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (FAC00880)

Elena Gheorghiu elena.gheorghiu at stir.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 19:40:01 -05 2018

Two Faculty positions - University of Stirling -  Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (FAC00880)

Post Details

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer within the Faculty of Natural Sciences - Psychology
Lecturer - Grade 8 £39,992 - £47,772 (1 post)
Senior Lecturer - Grade 9 £49,149 - £56,950 (1 post)
The closing date for this post is midnight on Thursday 12th April 2018
Interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 24 May 2018

For more details and to apply see  http://bit.ly/2oVqsNM

The Post

The University of Stirling wishes to appoint two Psychologists within the Faculty of Natural Sciences. Successful candidates will be expected to carry out high-quality research and teaching. The post holders will strengthen our reputation as an outward looking centre for research excellence and world-leading impact, whilst delivering innovative teaching that enhances the student experience at Stirling. The posts provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to innovative inter-disciplinary research programmes within the Division of Psychology, enhancing existing research within the Cognition in Complex Environments (tinyurl.com/jft8vpg<http://www.tinyurl.com/jft8vpg>) and Behaviour & Evolution research groups (tinyurl.com/ycngxmth<http://tinyurl.com/ycngxmth>). The successful candidates will have the enthusiasm and drive to help us achieve the University's ambitious targets in relation to research, teaching and internationalisation set out in our Strategic Plan 2016-2021: www.stir.ac.uk/about/our-strategy/<https://www.stir.ac.uk/about/our-strategy/>

We are particularly keen to appoint scientists focused on the examination of psychological questions in the real world. Researchers with a track record for combining basic theory driven psychological science with a translational or impact focus will be prioritised. Individuals with expertise and experience that complements and/or extends our existing methods and approaches (detailed below) are particularly welcome. Consideration will also be given to applicants able to collaborate with other areas of expertise at Stirling, both within the Faculty of Natural Sciences and beyond, including researchers interested in developing inter-disciplinary research that links Psychology with the domains of Aging, Health, or Sport. Researchers with an interest and expertise in multi-methods approaches to developmental disorders, particularly Autism, are also encouraged to apply (linking with our in-house Kindergarten – see: tinyurl.com/os5zlpg<http://www.tinyurl.com/os5zlpg>).

For more details and to apply http://bit.ly/2oVqsNM

--------------------------------------
Dr Elena Gheorghiu
University of Stirling
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Department of Psychology
Stirling, FK9 4LA, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 467649
Fax: +44(0) 1786 467641
email: elena.gheorghiu at stir.ac.uk<mailto:elena.gheorghiu at stir.ac.uk>
http://rms.stir.ac.uk/converis-stirling/person/19056

--
The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2016/17
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,