[visionlist] Postdoc position in Vision Science at Ohio State University

Deyue Yu yu.858 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:11:21 -05 2018

Applications are being accepted for a postdoctoral position in the lab of Dr. Deyue (Dion) Yu at OSU College of Optometry.

Our research focuses on visual perception and efficient assessment of functional vision in normal and low vision. The goals of our research include investigating the essential causes of the limitations faced by people with impaired vision, understanding the mechanisms underlying the behavioral and neural changes resulting from learning and visual impairment, developing efficient methods to obtain comprehensive assessment of functional vision, and establishing a general framework to guide the development of visual diagnostics and rehabilitation programs for various visual disorders.

We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong background in visual psychophysics. Applicants should have strong computer programming skills (MATLAB, PsychToolBox and/or Python), and a doctoral degree in Vision Science, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or related fields. Previous experience in mathematical modeling and clinical vision is a plus.

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

To apply, send a C.V., a statement of research skills and interests, and contact information for three references (please describe relationship to each) to Dr. Deyue (Dion) Yu  (yu.858 at osu.edu).