[visionlist] Display Perceptual Image Processing Engineer - Apple Inc.
jschnable at apple.com
Tue May 29 13:10:27 -05 2018
> The Display Incubation team at Apple Inc has an immediate need for a Display Perceptual Image Processing Engineer at our headquarters in Cupertino, CA. The Display Incubation team is an early-phase exploration team focusing on new display-related user experiences. These new user experiences will be enabled by novel display technologies and image processing algorithms. If you are interested in the job description below, please reach out to Jeff Schnable directly at jschnable at apple.com.
Display Perceptual Image Processing Engineer
The Display Incubation team is looking for an enthusiastic image processing engineer who can help identify and cultivate new display technologies and experiences. This position is focusing on the identification, communication, and prototyping of display and image processing technologies for future Apple products. You will work with both suppliers and internal teams at Apple to shape the display related technologies that go into Apple products.
The team features a diverse engineering roster including optical engineers, human perception experts, product design engineers, and experimental physicists. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self motivated.
A successful candidate will not only need to identify new tech and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area, but also educate a broad audience of people at Apple about their benefits and tradeoffs. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe!
- Develop advanced image processing algorithms to improve the user experience.
- Generate and nurture novel concepts. Explore novel display applications and features integrating display module, sensor and software.
- Demonstrate feasibility through computer modeling and prototyping. Identify new display technologies, investigate new user interaction.
- Guide and provide teams feature and specification input.
- Effectively communicate the advantages, disadvantage, and risks of the device.
- Shepard the technologies into both external supplier and internal product roadmaps.
- Strong engineering background in image processing and image quality.
- Knowledge of the human vision system.
- Engineering background in displays, optics, human perception, or physics.
- Prior experience prototyping new technologies. Capable of prototyping, conducting design of experiments, and analytical data processing.
- Knowledge of display stack-up and basic optical design.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in consumer electronics.
- Experience of designing and conducting human perceptual related experiments. Experience in SDK programming for hardware interface or iOS app development.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Imaging, Color, Vision, Computer, Optics Science, EE or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in related field.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist