[visionlist] simple light sensing for vision science experiments

James Mazer james.mazer at montana.edu
Fri Jun 22 09:50:34 -05 2018

Hi Daniel,

We use these around the lab:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IM8OD14/ref=pe_2640190_232748420_TE_item.

It's a small photodiode sensor board with an amp and some minimal logic.
Puts out both analog (continuous) signal and thresholded level (on-board
pot). Hard to beat for ~$5 assembled... You can cut the traces powering the
LEDs if they cause problems with experiment, but useful for debugging..

best,
/jamie

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:50 AM Daniel Seshu Joyce <dsjoyce at stanford.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am looking to build a simple light sensor to detect transitions between
> stimuli of different intensities. This will be recorded by an EEG channel
> and used to segment the EEG data based on the timing of the
> stimulus transitions. I would be grateful if you could point me in the
> direction of any resources/schematics that you have used with success - I
> recall there may have been some discussion on this topic on
> cvnet/visionlist some years ago, and maybe even a tutorial paper mentioned.
>

> Many thanks,
>

> Daniel
>

> *Daniel S. Joyce, **PhD*
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> VA Palo Alto Health Care System & Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral
> Sciences | School of Medicine | Stanford University | dsjoyce at stanford.edu

James Mazer
  Department of Cell Biology & Neuroscience
  Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
  james.mazer at montana.edu 406-994-5947
  http://kernel.montana.edu