[visionlist] simple light sensing for vision science experiments

Theo Veenker theo.veenker at beexy.nl
Fri Jun 22 01:08:22 -05 2018

Dear Daniel,

You might want to try the TEMPT6000 sensor thingy from SparkFun. Whether you need to
amplify the output signal (using a non-inverting opamp) will depend on the sensitivity of
your EEG recording device for auxiliary signals. For a strong signal the sensor should of
course be a close as possible to the stimulus source.

Theo

On 06/20/2018 04:30 PM, Daniel Seshu Joyce wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am looking to build a simple light sensor to detect transitions between stimuli of
> different intensities. This will be recorded by an EEG channel and used to segment the EEG
> data based on the timing of the stimulus transitions. I would be grateful if you could
> point me in the direction of any resources/schematics that you have used with success - I
> recall there may have been some discussion on this topic on cvnet/visionlist some years
> ago, and maybe even a tutorial paper mentioned.
>

> Many thanks,
>

> Daniel
>

> *Daniel S. Joyce, **PhD*
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> VA Palo Alto Health Care System & Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences |
> School of Medicine | Stanford University | dsjoyce at stanford.edu
> **
> **
> **
> **

Theo Veenker  |  Beexy - Behavioral Experiment Software
+31(0)524-541531  |  +31(0)6-42525777 mobile
theo.veenker at beexy.nl  |  www.beexy.nl