[visionlist] CFP + Travel Grants: Women in Computer Vision Workshop @ECCV

Hilde Kuehne kuehne at iai.uni-bonn.de
Mon Jun 25 06:48:52 -05 2018

***** Apologies for cross-posting *****

Dear all,

we invite you to submit your work as paper _or_ extended abstract to the
Women in Computer Vision Workshop @ECCV.

The 5th WiCV Workshop is co-located with ECCV and will be held on 9th
September 2018 in Munich, Germany.

Please find any details under
https://wicvworkshop.github.io/ECCV2018/participation.html

Important Dates:

July 2, 2018 : Submission Deadline
July 16, 2018 : Acceptance Notification
September TBA, 2018 : Mentoring Dinner
September 9, 2018 : Workshop

Organizers:
Zeynep Akata, University of Amsterdam
Dena Bazazian, Autonomous University of Barcelona
Yana Hasson, Inria
Angjoo Kanazawa, University of California Berkeley
Hilde Kuehne, University of Bonn
Gul Varol, Inria

We provide a limited number of travel grants for early career
researchers, which present their work at the workshop.

---------------------------

Women in Computer Vision Workshop

The 5th WiCV Workshop is co-located with ECCV in Munich Germany,
September 9 2018. https://wicvworkshop.github.io/ECCV2018/

The workshop is an event with invited speakers, a panel discussion,
poster/oral presentations, and a mentoring/networking dinner.
The event brings together students, faculty, and research scientists for
an opportunity to exchange ideas and connect over a mutual interest in
computer vision.
Attendees are invited to apply to present their work. While paper
submission is open to those that identify as female, all genders are
invited to attend the workshop.

Publication
This year's workshop will offer the opportunity to publish accepted
papers as workshop proceedings.
Authors of submitted papers will be asked whether they agree to publish
their paper.
Note that solely papers containing new research will be considered for
publication by the Conference Publishing Services.

Important Dates
July 2, 2018 : Submission Deadline
July 16, 2018 : Acceptance Notification
July 20, 2018 : Camera-Ready Due
Sep 9, 2018 : Workshop

Submission Instructions
- We encourage primarily female-identifying (undergraduate and graduate)
students, post-docs, and junior researchers in all areas of computer
vision to submit a short paper describing new, previously, or
concurrently published research or work-in-progress.
- The reviewing process is single-blind.
- Authors of all accepted papers will be invited to present their work
in a poster session.
- The presenter need not be the first author of a submission.
- While all presenters will identify primarily as female, all genders
are invited to attend the workshop .
- We encourage presenters of all genders to highlight the contribution
of the female authors, particularly the presenting author.

Travel Awards
Travel grants will be awarded to a select number of accepted papers.

--
Dr. Hildegard Kuehne

Computer Vision Group Prof Dr. Juergen Gall
Institute of Computer Science III
University of Bonn

http://pages.iai.uni-bonn.de/kuehne_hilde/