[visionlist] Postdoctoral position in Computer Vision & Machine Learning CB 75470

Pavis Pavis at iit.it
Wed Jun 27 10:32:17 -05 2018

Postdoctoral position in Computer Vision & Machine Learning CB  75470
IIT, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genova, Italy

The Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision Research Line (PAVIS) at IIT in Genova is looking for a highly qualified post doc with a strong background in Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, with particular emphasis on recognition, video analysis, behavior understanding and prediction. As the activities may be carried out in collaboration with other IIT research units, previous multidisciplinary experience is an added value which will be duly considered.
The main mission of PAVIS is to design and develop innovative image- and video-based intelligent systems, characterized by the use of highly functional smart sensors and advanced data analytics features. PAVIS also plays an active role in supporting the other IIT research units providing scientists in Neuroscience, Nanophysics and other IIT departments/centers with ad hoc solutions.
To this end, the group is involved in activities concerning computer vision and pattern recognition, machine learning, multimodal\multimedia data analysis and sensor fusion, and embedded computer vision systems. The lab will pursue this goal by working collaboratively and in cooperation with external private and public partners.
In particular, this call aims at consolidating PAVIS expertise in the video surveillance area and especially on action/activity recognition and scene understanding from video sequences and other sensory modalities.
In particular, the following topics are of interest:
•    Analysis of static and dynamic scenes.
•    Recognition (objects, scenes, actions, events, etc.) and reconstruction.
•    Behavior Analysis and Activity Recognition (individuals, groups, crowd).
•    Prediction of intentions.
•    Domain Adaptation.
•    Mutimodal data analysis
•    Zero-shot Learning
>From the methodological standpoint, the ideal candidate should be familiar with one or more of the following subjects (it’s not an exhaustive list): Deep Learning, Graphical Models, Topic Models, Representation/Feature Learning, Sparse and Dictionary Learning, Clustering, Kernel methods, Manifold Learning and Statistical and Probabilistic Models in general.
Candidates for this position have a Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition or related areas. Research experience and qualification in computer vision and pattern recognition/machine learning are clearly a must and evidence of top quality research on the above-specified areas in the form of published papers in top conferences/journals and/or patents is mandatory.
Moreover, experience in the preparation and management of research proposals (EU, US, national) and industrial research projects, a few years of postdoc experience, either in academia or in an industrial lab, will also be duly considered. The winning candidate will also be asked to contribute to setting up new (funding) project proposals and will participate in funding activities.
He/she is also expected to publish his/her research results in leading international journals and conferences, supervise PhD candidates and collaborate with other scientists, also with different expertise.
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience and in line with international standards.
Further details and informal inquiries can be made by email to pavis at iit.it quoting PAVIS-PD 75470 as reference number.
Please send your completed application forms by July 23, 2018. Application must include: a curriculum listing all publications (possibly including a pdf of your most representative publications), a research statement describing your previous research experience and outlining its relevance to the above topics and the name of 2 referees by email to pavis at iit.it quoting PAVIS-PD 75470 as reference number.
IIT was established in 2003 and successfully created a large-scale infrastructure in Genova, a network of 10-state-of-the-art laboratories countrywide and recruited an international staff of about 1100 people from more than 50 countries. IIT's research endeavor focuses on high-tech and innovation, representing the forefront of technology with possible applications from medicine to industry, computer science, robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnologies.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo at iit.it).
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.