[visionlist] Open Position - Postdoctoral researcher (two years / full time)

Mehul Bhatt Mehul.Bhatt at oru.se
Wed Jun 27 12:03:38 -05 2018

POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER  (Two Years / Full-time)
> Cognitive Vision / Örebro University, Sweden / CoDesign Lab EU

##  Our aim with this new recruitment is to further strengthen our research competence within computer science towards topics at the interface of artificial intelligence, cognition, and human-behaviour studies.

##  Research areas:
- Cognitive Vision and Perception
- Representation Learning
- Commonsense Reasoning
- Computational Cognitive Systems

##  Demonstrated research background and publications within artificial intelligence with a focus on one or more of:
- knowledge representation and reasoning
- relational learning
- constraints (CHR, SMT)
- applied machine vision / visual computing.

##  The ability to develop prototypical systems is a must. Knowledge or experience / interest in topics in visual perception, and broadly cognitive science are a welcome plus.

This post-doctoral position is broadly designed to engage into collaborative research as part of ongoing and outward looking research initiatives at the interface of ``cognition, interaction, and design’’ (see http://www.codesign-lab.org/ ). Here, an open mind and collaborative work on mixed-methods interdisciplinary research are needed. We expect the candidate to participate in ongoing research, dissemination, and networking activities with colleagues at partner universities and in industry (e.g., in sectors such as architecture design, autonomous driving, visual media).

Based at:  Örebro University (Sweden)
Job announcement:  https://www.oru.se/jobba-hos-oss/lediga-jobb/jobbannons/?jid=20180208

Cognitive Vision  /  www.cognitive-vision.org<http://www.cognitive-vision.org/>
Contact:  Prof. Mehul Bhatt ( info at codesign-lab.org<mailto:info at codesign-lab.org>  /  mehul.bhatt at oru.se<mailto:mehul.bhatt at oru.se> )

CoDesign  Lab  /  Cognition. AI. Interaction. Design.
www.codesign-lab.org<http://www.codesign-lab.org/>