[visionlist] ECVP 2019 in Leuven – Save the Date!

Johan Wagemans johan.wagemans at kuleuven.be
Thu Jul 19 13:30:14 -05 2018

Dear colelagues,
We are excited to be able to send an advance announcement about the 42nd edition of the European Conference of Visual Perception (ECVP), which we will organize in Leuven from August 25 to 29, 2019. ECVP is an interdisciplinary conference dedicated to the study of visual perception (although cross-modal work is welcome too), using a variety of methods (psychophysics, electrophysiology, neuroimaging, computational modeling, …). Most research presented at ECVP is traditionally rather fundamental but we are very much open to clinical (brain damage, autism, schizophrenia, …) and other more applied work (sports, arts, design, ergonomics, …). For some additional description of the nature and history of the meeting, see the website<https://www.ecvp2018.org/historyecvp2018> of this year’s edition in Trieste.
The conference will start on Sunday, with tutorials on multidisciplinary topics and techniques and the traditional Perception Lecture, followed by a reception. We are proud to have Marlene Behrmann<https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/behrmannlab/> (Carnegie-Mellon University, USA) for this opening lecture on “A broader vision of vision”. On Wednesday evening, we have the Rank Prize Lecture by Philippe Schyns<https://www.gla.ac.uk/researchinstitutes/neurosciencepsychology/staff/philippeschyns/> (Glasgow University, Scotland, UK) on “Content Imaging: Bridging between stimulus, brain and behavior”. The rest of the program will consist of (invited) symposia, regular talk sessions, and multiple poster sessions, spread evenly across the week.
The local organizers are all affiliated to the University of Leuven (KU Leuven), belonging to 5 different faculties. KU Leuven is the oldest university in the Low Countries (founded in 1425) and presently Belgium’s largest university. The conference venue will be a collection of university buildings in the attractive historical center of Leuven, all within easy walking distance from each other. Leuven<https://www.visitleuven.be/en> is a pleasant, pedestrian-friendly, small university city located in Flanders, the Dutch-speaking region of Belgium. Leuven is approximately 25 kilometers east of Brussels, with a direct 15-min train connection to the national airport (Brussels-Zaventem), which makes it easy to reach from anywhere in the world and an attractive hub to visit major cities in Belgium (Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges, …) and elsewhere in Europe (Amsterdam, Paris, London are all less than 2h away by train from Brussels-Midi).
Please save the date. We look forward to welcoming you at ECVP in Leuven in 2019!
On behalf of the local organizers,
Johan Wagemans