[visionlist] CFP JURSE 2019 – special session on Deep learning in urban remote sensing

Camille KURTZ camille.kurtz at parisdescartes.fr
Sat Sep 29 01:07:58 -05 2018

-----------------------------
CFP JURSE 2019 – special session on Deep learning in urban remote sensing

Dear colleagues,

In the context of JURSE 2019 (Vannes, France), the Joint Urban Remote
Sensing Event, we organize a half or a full day special session on  Deep
learning in urban remote sensing and its applications in different
domains (object detection & extraction, semantic segmentation, land
cover mapping, etc.).

The aim of this special session is to popularize the use of these
promising approaches. Indeed, although these methods have become very
popular in computer vision over the last ten years, they are not enough
validated on remote sensing applications, especially in the context of
urban environment analysis. Our objectives are to gather both computer
scientists (academics and professionals) familiar with deep learning and
end-users close to geographical and environmental sciences who could
give sense to raw data. We are also targeting potential new users
interested by these approaches in order to stimulate deeper
multidisciplinary interactions on this topic.
As a colleague working directly or indirectly on this topic, we would
like to check if such a special session would be of interest for you or
some of your collaborators. If this sounds good to you, we would be glad
to invite you to send a contribution to this scientific meeting. As you
will see in the following call for papers, *the deadline for paper
submission is October 20, 2018.*

http://jurse2019.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/flyer-v2-copie.jpg

Prospective authors are invited to contribute by submitting a full paper
in English of *no more than 4 pages double-column*, including
illustrations, results and references.
Submissions should be formatted in accordance with the IEEE guidelines.
All accepted papers will be considered for publication in IEEE Xplore.
Paper should to be submitted using the JURSE 2019 Easychair
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jurse2019> and by selecting
"Deep learning in urban remote sensing" special session in the "Topics"
section of the submission form.

*Paper submission deadline is October 20, 2018*

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,
Jonathan Weber, Université de Haute-Alsace, France
Camille Kurtz, Université Paris Descartes, France
Germain Forestier, Université de Haute-Alsace, France